Thursday, March 29, 2012

Return and Snotty Pot

Yup, the Robin has returned in Calgary as well. I saw the cheerful little guy on Tuesday evening and have since been hearing them frequently "Cheer-upping" away outside. Awesome.

On a totally different tangent, I tried a Neti Pot. I think they could be more aptly referred to as Snotty Pots. Maybe Neti has some sanscript meaning I am not aware of - but everytime I look at it. I think of snot. Also, Snotty Pot has a bit of a ring to it, right?

Seriously...it's incredible to watch that much mucus pouring forth from your face. It's also really hard not to laugh out loud at the sight of yourself in the mirror with a teapot stuck in one nostril. Also, mad skill is required to use the Snotty Pot effectively and NOT drown yourself. For first timers, I recommend having a rag handy to clean the mirror as you will either: a) laugh out loud, b) sneeze, c) cough, or d) a combination of the above. In rapid fire sequence, your nose and mouth become a reservoir for a surprising amount of salty, mucuosy liquid which will fly from your face at the speed of roughly 12.5 miles/second, creating an intricate expectorant pattern all over the bathroom. It is quite lovely to behold. Especially at 0300 in the morning when you can-not-sleep-and-all-you-really-want-is-some-NeoCitran-but-can't.

Yes. The Snotty Pot. Odd, but effective.

Phallic shaped nostril plug hey? Makes me giggle looking at it...which is not helpful.  


No comments: